Greenway Grazing – the Waterford Way
You’ve planned to visit the Waterford Greenway? You’ve heard that Waterford has been named the Foodie Destination of Ireland? For one day only we bring the food & drink makers of Waterford onto the Waterford Greenway. On Friday September 6th , as part of the Harvest Festival and to celebrate Waterford as Ireland’s newest Foodie Destination, we transform some of the old railway platforms to food hubs!
Graze your way along the Greenway where you’ll have a chance to buy, to taste, to meet the people who make their food and drink in the beautiful lands around the Greenway, before heading to Waterford Harvest Festival to find out and enjoy more food for the weekend. Or travel along to one of the 4 hubs to enjoy some of the yummy treats available there.
- 4 former railway platforms transformed into Food Hubs for this day at Bilberry, Mount Congreve, Kilmacthomas and Durrow.
- Enjoy Red lead in a Blaa from Walsh’s at Mount Congreve, or take the opportunity to enjoy the delicious sourdough bread and pastries from Seagull Bakery at Durrow for this 1 day only.
- Join Andrew Malcom, forager for the Michelan starred Cliff House Hotel as he takes the time to forage for food along the Greenway. Meet at the Durrow platform at 12pm.
- Look out for Clotilde Benard of Comeragh Mountain Farm as she cycles the Greenway with her apples. Always happy to stop and chat!
- Keep an eye on Demo station at Kilmacthomas where you’ll enjoy samples, see how to cook with and use the food
- Meet Marie Power at Durrow station 4:30pm and cycle along to Clonea for a seaweed forage .
- Coffee House Lane: Coffees
- Dessert First: treats & bakes – made just like granny did with simple local ingredients.
- Momo Restaurant: Energy Balls, Seasonal Salads & sandwiches
- Walshes Bakehouse: Red Lead Blaa
- David Dennison: sample new Viking Cider
- Carters Café: Homemade Lemonade
- Mount Congreve: Gardens, Plants, Vegetables
- Charlies Cheesecake cheesecake/dessert
- Flahavans Home of our Waterford oats brand
- Coach House Café Coffee & treats
- Kierseys Tea Rooms: Tasty treats
- Ballybeg Greens: From the city out – buy your weekly veg box
- Baldwins: Farmhouse Ice Cream
- Demo Kitchen – see how to use the food & drink of Waterford.
- Meet the makers & chefs. Scheduled 12 – 6pm
- The Sea Gardener: Seaweed products
- Nutrilicious: Clean treats, salads and treats
- Seagull Bakery: Sourdough Breat and pastries
- Legacy Cider: sampling & meet the maker
- Cliff House Hotel: Learn more and enjoy offers
For more information click HERE!